Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Solidarity to Stella Antoniou

Stella Antoniou is been held in a state prison in Greece for more than a year because of her political believes.

IMMEDIATE RELEASE OF STELLA ANTONIOU!
SOLIDARITY TO POLITICAL PRISONERS ALL AROUND THE WORLD


Abstract of Stella Antoniou's letter

On 4/12/10, I was arrested outside my house..., in which I lived with my partner Kostas Sakkas. They kept me for 3 days in detention without stating the reason. They did not allow me, nor my corespondents to get in contact with a lawyer. We were kept for 6 days in the cells of the Greek police headquarters with the lights on for 24 hours, without windows, making us lose the sense of time. When I refused to give my fingerprints and my DNA sample they stripped me by force and stole my shirt, apparently to get it.
Finally, on 10/12 I was detained in women's prison ''Korydallos'' as member of an organization whose name and actions neither I, nor the prosecutors knew or named. Firstly, I would like to clarify that I do not recognize the term ''terrorist organization'' as the state names the insurgents. However, I clearly recognize a criminal organization(Address: Special Violence Crimes-State organization)... The members of this organization definitely know that there can be no armed organization by 6 people who were not meeting with each other, and who actually did not know one another. I am part of the anarchist movement and I am proud of my involvement and of my action in it...
I think that my prosecution as well as these of other insurgent people, aim to create a state of fear and REAL TERRORISM as part of the Greek State's plan, during the socio-political instability that we are facing, strengthened now by the economic crisis. However, these seem rather few in comparison with the long continuous action of the criminal cabal I mentioned before(Address Special Violence Crimes): they raise their weapons against 15 year old children or people who do not stop at roadblocks, they shoot in the back fugitive comrades and even kill insurgents. Now that public patience run out and various parts of the society began to rebel, the state ceases to maintain even the pretense rudimentary. As a recent highlight we can refer to the custody of an anarchist comrade, in connection with only one aggravating evidence: she referred to anarchist prisoners as political prisoners! They are trying to deprive us all even from our right to state the most important part of our existence, our political identity.
They try to destroy the most radical part of this society by capturing fighters, as they believe that they can deprive us from the one thing that nobody can take from us:
Our Passion for Struggle, Solidarity and Freedom..."

IMMEDIATE RELEASE OF STELLA ANTONIOU!
SOLIDARITY TO POLITICAL PRISONERS ALL AROUND THE WORLD

No comments: