Here we are. First video form first action at the climate action camp in Liege. Great bicycle critical mass was one of the best way to see the City. Come to the camp. Be a part of creating the movement. Be a part of saving the planet :)
Climate Action Camp Belgium
Spirit Of Squatters Collective
Spirit Of Squatters Collective : This is solidarity action(like most of our videos). The solidarity is stronger when it is seen by as many people as possible.So...Please use it ! Pass this info to everybody who could be interested !!!
Feel free to embed,link it,send it,screen it etc. Use it=don't loose it. Reclaim the media with us !
... So get inspired. TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER !!!
Everything you need to know about the climate camp
The start of the camp, on July 29, is approaching fast! Below you can find some last-minute practical info you may want to know. Only a few days remain to invite others to the camp; Tell your friends, and bring them along to the camp!
Location of the camp
You may have noticed the exact location isn't mentioned anywhere. We will be squatting the terrain where the camp will take place, so we don't want to draw any attention until the camp has started. The exact location will be displayed on the website at 00:00 on July 28. A delegation of the climate camp will also be present on July 29 between 9 and 13h at the square in front of the train station Liège-Guillemins, where they will guide you to the camp site. We're also reachable by phone (0484 380148).
Non-violent direct action
The big action of civil disobedience will take place on Monday August 2. On Sunday we'll have a whole day of action trainings and briefings. To guarantee the success, all information regarding the target and the action will be provided and discussed during the camp.
Next to the big action, everybody is welcome to set up 'Do It Yourself' actions, or propose secondary actions the the rest of the campers.
Minimal ecological footprint
The camp strives to be low ecological impact. Therefor we ask you:
- to come by bicycle (which may be handy during the camp as well), on foot or by public transport. If you do come by car, please consider helping us with camp logistics (transport of materials and such); Let us know at the Welcome Tent. There is no parking space in the vicinity of the camp site.
- to use your cellphone as little as possible. It won't be possible to recharge your phone at the camp site; Charge it before you come to the camp if you want to use it.
We're also still looking for extra materials and equipments, such as big tents, solar panels, tables and chairs, etc.
Organizing the camp is quite costly, but we want it to be accessible to anyone! Therefor we ask a free contribution to participate in the costs of food and infrastructure. Every day we will indicate the amount received compared to the global cost, hoping that with all our contributions we can cover the total cost. Those who want can already transfer their contribution or donation on our account: 001-4334900-46 [International : IBAN: BE33 00143349 0046 | BIC: GEBA BE BB | Bank: BNP/Fortis Bank
To avoid publicity or recuperation, we decided on a no-logo policy at the camp site. The camp is an effort of many individuals and supporting organisations. There will be room for flyers and other promotional material at the Welcome Tent.
- To participate you will obviously need some basic camping gear (tent, sleeping bag, mat).
- A food collective from Ghent will provide us all with vegan food.
- We ask you not to bring any animals (especially dogs) to the camp. Do bring your identity card.
- There is a team of medics as well as a lawyer permanently present at the site.
- Bring t-shirts to the camp to imprint them.
|Support us !|
|Flyer / Poster|
The new flyer design is here!
Download, print, en help us making some promo!
(They're in A4, but vector-based PDFs so you can scale to whatever size you want)