Wednesday, May 26, 2010

More Videos from anarchistic festival in Appelscha (parts 5,6,7,8)


About Tes



So, back in Holland we had a piano: that's where
it all started. I started writing in english (when I was about 10) and as my main knowledge of english and music came from the radio and television, my lyrics started off as pretty bad love songs.

As I got older and got to know my first punkbands (Greenday, NOFX, Good Riddance) , I turned my back on the radio. During my time with the band DidiDATZI (the only ever Butterfly-punkband in the world) I developed more knowledge about the world and it's politics.
Some people in the band, prefered to keep the butterflyness (the careless, funny, punkstyle) in the band, although I wanted to say what was burning in my heart. The result was a new band, Animal Farm, which didn't last long because of other reasons. And DidiDATZI fell apart. Eventually, after doing a couple of attempts to start a new band, I realized that I had to go on by myself.

I wrote songs accompanied by piano or guitar. With subjects such as political issues, emotions.. From a story about an anorexic/boulimic girl to general love songs, from furcoats to friendship. Basicly everything that plays an important role in people's lives. Eighter my own, or humans and nonhuman animals, whose life I can only imagine about.

In april 2005, thanx to Non Stop Records, Budapest, my first cd came out: "People". It contains 4 piano and 4 guitar songs: Murder in Genoa, Mikey's Song, Breaking You, The time is Now, Lajka, History of a Furcoat, Morning in Budapest, a Tiny Bit Like You.

Listening to 2 songs from the cd is possible at: myspace.com/lazychairpolitics

Info over daniel ter Waarbeek

 Ruim een jaar geleden werd Daniel ter Waarbeek door programmeurs Harry en Jan van bluescafe "de Amer" gespot tijdens een open podium in het Drentse Erm. Ze waren dusdanig onder de indruk van de singer/songwriter uit Emmen dat ze hem meteen een mogelijkheid aanboden om het legendarische Amerpodium te beklimmen. Daarna volgde al snel meerdere solo optredens waarbij hij zichzelf op akoestische gitaar begeleide. In December 2009 werd het tijd om weer de studio in te gaan en al snel kwam een tweede demo CD uit met daarop een zevental gloednieuwe nummers. Tijdens de opnames werd hij bijgestaan door zijn vriend en cajonaire Bram Markerink. Sinsdien treden ze samen op met een geheel eigen en unieke sound. Mooi ingehouden gitaarspel en een prachtige donkerheze stem bijeengehouden door strakke en creatieve precussionist. Kortom een pareltje. Ook het ontwerp van het drukwerk van deze demo is van Daniel's hand. Ieder CD doosje wordt met veel liefde en aandacht door hem persoonlijk in elkaar gezet en is eenvoudig te bestellen door een mailtje te sturen naar dterwaarbeek@macuser.nl

No comments: